Tayana Owners Group Forum Index Tayana Owners Group
We have moved discussion to Google Groups -- TOGnews Forum was closed 11/1/07

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chesapeake Rendezvous--June 17-18 2006

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tayana Owners Group Forum Index -> Rendezvous Roundup - CLOSED 10/19/07
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dayton Eckerson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Chesapeake Rendezvous--June 17-18 2006 Reply with quote

OK you Chesapeake Sailors--time to start some serious rendezvous planning for the new season. We plan to be in the vicinity of the St. Mary's river the weekend of June 17-18. If you've never been down there, you've been missing one of the most beautiful and historically significant parts of the bay--horseshoe bay is where the first Maryland settlers landed. A replica of their ship, the Dove, is docked there. This is also the current location of St. Mary's College, and the finish line/party site for for the annual Governer's cup race in August. So how about it--any interest in a TOG raft-up down there? (We'll be leaving Annapolis around June 12, so anyone interested in joining a TOG flotilla is welcome; MISTRESS may even throw down the racing gauntlet to tempt Rich H. into the fray. . . . )

Jim/Mark: are you guys still thinking about doing a Perry Rendezvous on Memorial Day Weekend?
T-37 MISTRESS (#215)
Dick Miller

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Chesapeake Rendezvous--June 17-18 2006 Reply with quote

Hi Dayton: Thanks for taking charge of the rendezvous once again. I have the date on the calendar and hope we can make it down there. I thnk we should have a little more water then we had in Leeds Creek!!

Dick Miller
S/V EVOLUTION
V-42 #105
Dayton Eckerson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dick: Glad to hear of your interest. Yes, water depth won't be an issue on the St. Mary's river. We kissed the Leeds creek bottom a few times on the way out last year.
T-37 MISTRESS (#215)
Oasis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayton,

Hazel and I are on our Tayana 37, Oasis, at Deale, MD on the Chesapeake in Herring Bay. We are English and would love to RV with other owners here in the US. Can you count us in for June please. Any further details gratefully received. Thanks.
Dayton Eckerson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen/Hazel: Welcome to the Chesapeake!!! Glad to hear of your interest in the June rendezvous. We'll be sure to get out details very soon. I'm also sure that we'll be having some other outings closer to Annapolis in May also, so stay tuned. Note: Be sure to monitor the "Tayana Talk" section of this bulletin board as well--I often post rendezvous info there because messages in that section automatically get sent out to the e-mail boxes of TOG members who request that service. (Some members prefer e-mails to this web-based forum).
T-37 MISTRESS (#215)
tandbeth@comcast.net

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: June RV Reply with quote

We would like to join you guy's for the RV in june. We are planning a Delmarva rounding the last 2 weeks in May, so we may not be able to get away again so soon afterwards, but will try to make it. Can you give us some details of the weekend's festivities?

Thanks,
T and Beth
T37 #374
Hy Brasil
Dick Miller

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Chesapeake Rendezvous June Reply with quote

Hi Dayton: Our granddaughter called a couple of weeks ago and invited us to an award ceremony on Saturday, 17 June, so unfortunately, we will not make the rendevous. We were looking forward to meeting you all again, but it will have to wait until the next time. Thanks again for taking the lead and organizing the rendezvous.

Dick Miller
S/V EVOLUTION
V-42 #105
Oasis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: St Mary's on the 17th? Reply with quote

Dayton,

Are we still on for St Mary's on the 17th? Hazel & I plan to set sail 10 June for a couple of weeks so an early heads up would be appreciated. At present we plan to be at St Mary's for the night of the 17th. Once we let go from Deale we can be contacted on VHF.

Steve
Dayton Eckerson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen:
Unfortunately, I've had to bow out of the 17th rendezvous because of work constraints. I pushed my boss as hard as I could to get this time off, but it was a no go. (See my message from earlier this week in the "Tayana Talk" section) My sincere apologies to you and the rest of the group. Michael Quirk also had to cancel participation, but both he and I believe we can do a long weekend somewhere around thet St. Michaels area on the 17th and 18th. Might that fit into your cruising schedule? Let's continue this discussion over on the Tayana Talk section so that those members who use only the e-mail version of this board can participate. (NOTE TO WEB GURUS: Is it still true that only the Tayana Talk messages get posted in the e-mail function? Can this be fixed?)
T-37 MISTRESS (#215)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tayana Owners Group Forum Index -> Rendezvous Roundup - CLOSED 10/19/07 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: