Tayana Owners Group Forum Index Tayana Owners Group
We have moved discussion to Google Groups -- TOGnews Forum was closed 11/1/07

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

stern tube diameter

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tayana Owners Group Forum Index -> Tayana Talk - We Have Moved to Google Groups -- CLOSED 11/1/07
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrew bradley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: stern tube diameter Reply with quote

I have been asked by my mechanic to find the inside diameter of my sterntube on my T37 with a Volvo MD17C engine. From memory the shaft is 30mm. It is fitted with a traditional stuffing box and the boat is a flight away so if they are a standard diameter someone may know.
Relations with the Italian yard are a little strained at the moment as their price for supplying a new engine was 60% more expensive than any other quote so I dont want to ask them to disassemble the prop shaft to measure.

thanks, andrew.

S/V Nocturne. #156
hjkarten
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,
You may not have received a response to your request for info on shaft, etc., as the FORUM has now moved to Google Groups (groups.google.com). After extensive consideration, we felt that revival of the email function is important for the users of TOGNews. This proved impossible to do easily on our regular website with its FORUM. We have therefore shifted all Bulletin Board Postings to "Google Groups TOG Email". You should have received an invitation to move to that new location. If not, please go to Groups.google.com, search for TOG, fill out the application and also fill out the "Profile". It may take an hour or so before the approval is completed, but you then will be able to repost the request on Google Groups EMail. If people have information that may be of help, they will post it to Google, and it will also show up in your EMail INBOX.
best regards,
Harvey
Hull #84
Del Mar, CA 92014
EMail: hjkarten@ucsd.edu
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tayana Owners Group Forum Index -> Tayana Talk - We Have Moved to Google Groups -- CLOSED 11/1/07 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: