Tayana Owners Group Forum Index Tayana Owners Group
We have moved discussion to Google Groups -- TOGnews Forum was closed 11/1/07

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Tayana Owner

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tayana Owners Group Forum Index -> Tayana Talk - We Have Moved to Google Groups -- CLOSED 11/1/07
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poopdeckpappy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: New Tayana Owner Reply with quote

Hi

I recently bought a 1978 T37 and I have a few questions I hope will get anwsered here

1) We have dual fuel tanks forward, they total 100gals, between the two tanks, across the top is a line seperated with a valve, I don't know what it's for

2) On the DC side of the panel there is a switch that's labeled Saltwater pump, I don't know what it's for

3) On the AC side of the panel is a switch labeled Transformer, again I don't know what this is for

Most everything else I'm figuring out as I take care of survey recommendations, but I have yet to find the anwsers to these question

Also, I plan to cleanup the wiring thoughout and would like to replace the Dist. panel a new original panel, anybody know where I could get my hands on one

Thanks

Poop

I can't leave without saying what a beautiful boat this is and what a pleasure to sail
wcrandell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poop,

I also have a 1978 T37. I have replaced or upgraded most of the original electrical system. My original distribution panel was located next to the chart table. I replaced it with a panel made by Blue Sea Systems that was a perfect fit, although it was also a combined 12 volt/110 AC panel (not the best idea to combine them in one panel). I no longer have their catalog, but you should be able to find it on their web site.

The transformer was an old 12 volt power supply, which I got rid of. The Saltwater Pump switch may have been for a saltwater washdown pump, wich may or may not be present.

I just have one fuel tank forward, so I can't help you with the valve.

Will Crandell
T37 "Cetacean"
poopdeckpappy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will, Thanks for the feedback

I keep looking at those Blue Sea panels, though I'd like to find a new Ta-Yang/Mariner, BSS may be my only option

Thanks again
tmcmsail

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Power Panel Reply with quote

I replaced my power panel a few years ago - If yours is below the companion way ladder, I recommend looking at the Paneltronics panels. Mine works great with digital gauges. Picture is in the middle of the following web page:

http://www.shearwater.net/boat/refit/index.html

As to the Saltwater label, I have a saltwater washdown system installed - the pump is located in the cockpit locker, and the output is in the V part of the stern aft of basically everything. The pressure is good enough to get loose stuff off an anchor and chain, but the mud really requires dragging the anchor just below the surface of the water as you moter out of the anchorage.

Hope this helps.
T-37 Shearwater #558
Home Port: Galesville, MD
poopdeckpappy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tim, yes, it does help

My Dist. panel is 15.75 x 11.75 and @ the nav station, haven't been able to find one that fits those dims yet

The Shearwater looks very nice, nice teak deck, mine is glass now, which I'm sure I'll appriciate, but teak is so good looking
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tayana Owners Group Forum Index -> Tayana Talk - We Have Moved to Google Groups -- CLOSED 11/1/07 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: