Tayana Owners Group Forum Index Tayana Owners Group
We have moved discussion to Google Groups -- TOGnews Forum was closed 11/1/07

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T37 portlight glass for sale

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tayana Owners Group Forum Index -> Gear & Yachts For Sale - CLOSED 11/1/07
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kamaloha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: T37 portlight glass for sale Reply with quote

A couple of years ago someone, I think it was Dayton, did a big production run of oval portlight safety glass for the T37 ports. I bought three of them at the time since I had three milky ones. Whoever it was did a great job, even epoxy-coating the edges so they new ones won't suffer the same milky fate (caused when silicone attacks the middle layer of the safety glass).

At any rate I just got around to the project and discovered that my ports, which are possibly of a later model, are a shade smaller than the ones that were used to make the glass.

My local glasscutter said it would be easier to start fresh than to cut these down. As a result I've got these three for sale. They are 11.5" x 4.5" with the half-round on each end, and the edges are already epoxied.

I'm happy to sell them for $10 each plus shipping. Please measure yours first so you know they'll fit. (Mine are 1/4" shorter in both dimensions.)
1987 T37 #542
majicnfo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: T37 portlight glass for sale Reply with quote

Kamaloha wrote:
A couple of years ago someone, I think it was Dayton, did a big production run of oval portlight safety glass for the T37 ports. I bought three of them at the time since I had three milky ones. Whoever it was did a great job, even epoxy-coating the edges so they new ones won't suffer the same milky fate (caused when silicone attacks the middle layer of the safety glass).

At any rate I just got around to the project and discovered that my ports, which are possibly of a later model, are a shade smaller than the ones that were used to make the glass.

My local glasscutter said it would be easier to start fresh than to cut these down. As a result I've got these three for sale. They are 11.5" x 4.5" with the half-round on each end, and the edges are already epoxied.

I'm happy to sell them for $10 each plus shipping. Please measure yours first so you know they'll fit. (Mine are 1/4" shorter in both dimensions.)

6/17/07
Hi Charlie;
We've a T37 and experienced some portlights glazing with that "milky" shading you've described on our 1983 MARYANN's MAJJIC in Annapolis.

Our portlights are the 11.5x4.5 in variety, and I'd love to get a few to replace my glazed ones...

Realize yours is an older posting from Dec 06, but if you've still got the 3 for sale I'll gladly pay $10@ now, if you're still selling'em?
Cheers,
Ed/MaryAnn
s/v MARYANN's MAJIC
T37 #883
TOG member ID: Majicnfo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tayana Owners Group Forum Index -> Gear & Yachts For Sale - CLOSED 11/1/07 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: