Tayana Owners Group Forum Index Tayana Owners Group
We have moved discussion to Google Groups -- TOGnews Forum was closed 11/1/07

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

duogen wind/water generation system

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tayana Owners Group Forum Index -> Tayana Talk - We Have Moved to Google Groups -- CLOSED 11/1/07
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jklewissf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: duogen wind/water generation system Reply with quote

One of the few new things at the strictly sail show in Oakland is a device called duogen. www.duogen.co.uk.

This gizmo lets you use the same generator for both wind and water generatiobn of power. It mounts on your pushpit and can be deployed in the water with a propeller and depth controlling pane surface. Or you can pull it up right and attach a windmill blade to use the same generator to make power. The generator itself is driven through a drive shaft and does not go into the water or up on the mast.

Has anyone seen one of these in action or have any experience with the device?

The venord claims they have been sold in europe for 8 or 9 years.

It seems like a very clever idea but, as a former MG owner, Im always skeptical about British engineering.

There are a lot of open issues that would have to be resolved before I could consider putting one on my boat. The literature is not very informative about the dimensions of the various components or the swing arcs needed during operatioin. I am concerned it it would clear my cap horn wind vane or my radar arch. Its difficult to figure out with the limited info on their web site and in the sales literature.

John
Tayana 37 PH #581 "Active Transport"
KF6BPU
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tayana Owners Group Forum Index -> Tayana Talk - We Have Moved to Google Groups -- CLOSED 11/1/07 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: